1. Terah, a pagan idol maker, moved his family (Abram, Sarai, Lot) from Ur to Haran where he died.
2. Quote: “Go forth from your country, and from your relatives and from your father’s house, to the land which I will show you; and I will make you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great; and so you shall be a blessing; and I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed.” NASB
3. Abram, Sarai, and Lot moved to Canaan, the land God promised his descendants through Sarai.
4. Quote: “Then he believed the Lord; and He (God) reckoned it to him as righteousness.” NASB
5. Past childbearing years, Sarai gave Hagar to Abram to produce an heir to receive God’s promised blessings. Ishmael was not the son God promised Abram and Sarai.
6. Abram and Sarai were given new names, Abraham and Sarah.
7. The pre-incarnate Christ visited Abraham on His way to Sodom. He told Abraham that within a year Sarah would conceive and give Abraham a son.
8. Overhearing the conversation, Sarah laughed at the thought but denied laughing when confronted by the Lord.
9. Just as God said, Sarah conceived and gave birth to Isaac which means “laughter.”
10. Through Isaac and his son Jacob, God would produce the nation that would be both
a burden and a blessing to the whole world.