Five Alive is a year-long family Bible study and devotional series. It could revolutionize your understanding of the Bible and transform your family’s relationship with God. Produced by One For Israel, this series of five-minute videos was inspired by the Jewish annual reading cycle of the five books of Moses known as the Parashah.
Some have credited the weekly Parashah observed by many Jewish people today to Ezra the Scribe. Following the Babylonian and Persian exile, Ezra returned to Jerusalem. He saw the devastation pagan idolatry had wrought on his people and his nation. Ezra started a back to the Bible movement to help the Jewish people fall in love with God once again. Recruiting young men as his disciples, Ezra trained them to teach the people how to think through the Torah systematically, one portion each week to root them in the Word of God.
Five Alive Lessons
Read Ezra 7:10. The world today is not much different than it was in the time of Ezra. Your family and community need someone to accept the responsibility Ezra accepted upon his return from exile in Persia. Your decision to develop the spiritual disciplines of your family by using the Five Alive devotional series could be the most important decision you will ever make. It is simple and easy. It can help you become the spiritual leader you were created to be. Don’t be surprised when God starts transforming you and the lives of those He has entrusted to your care.
To get the most out of this series will require personal planning and diligence. Just follow the instructions below. Over time, you will discover God changing you and your family from the inside out.
- Start with Lesson #1. Don’t skip ahead. Just do one lesson each week, no more.
- During the week, read the Scriptures associated with the video. DO NOT watch the video before all of the passages have been read during the week.
- Record your observations and questions. Pray for God’s instruction and understanding.
- If you have a family, do this together. This is an excellent way for entire families to engage with each other.
- On Friday or Saturday, watch the Five Alive video together. Discuss what God has taught you individually and as a family.
- Show others what you are doing. Help them get started doing it, too!