The first verse of the Bible presents mankind with the answer to an important question that almost everyone asks. Does God exist? Creation proves the existence of God.
All of Creation declares the story of God’s glory. You are are an important part of His creation. You play a critical role in His grand story of all things. Learn to tell the story of Creation well, and you can help the people you know and love to discover the purpose of their own existence.
Genesis 1:1, 26a, 27
1. Quote – In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. NASB
2. God created angels to glorify Himself through their worship of Him in heaven. One of the angels, someone known today as Satan, rebelled against God. One third of all the angels God had created joined Satan’s rebellion. God cast them out of heaven. (See Ezekiel 28:11-19 and Revelation 12:4) The place where Satan and those who followed him were sent became a place of chaos and darkness.
3. God spoke into the darkness, “Let there be light!” The light dispelled the darkness. God saw that it was good. There was evening and there was morning. This was the first day.
4. Over the next four days God created many things: the (2) expanse (space or sky), (3) the seas and dry land, vegetation, (4) the sun, moon and stars, (5) the fish and the birds.
5. The first thing God did on the sixth day was create the land animals.
6. Quote – “Then God said, ‘Let Us make man in Our image’… God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.” NASB
7. Mankind alone bears the very image of God.
8. Emphasize mankind’s gender. He created them male and female.
9. God proclaimed all of His work together as “very good!”
10. God blessed the seventh day and He rested.
Points to Ponder
1. The time-clock of history did not start until God said, “Let there be light.”
2. Moses is credited with writing Genesis. Moses understood a day to begin at sundown and conclude at sundown twenty-four hours later. He understood the length of a day the same way that we do today.
3. Having children is the reason God made mankind male and female. Children are essential to God’s desire for mankind to subdue the earth and proclaim His glory everywhere.
4. Understanding the word “subdue” is very important to understanding your role in God’s plan for His entire Creation.
Join Our Team
P.S. – Remember #DiscipleDaily.